J Paul Getty was the founder of Getty oil.
- In 1957 he was named the richest man in America
- n 1966 the Guinness Book of World Records named him the World said richest private citizen.
- At his death in 1976 he was worth more than 6 billion dollars.
- The J Paul Getty Trust is the wealthiest art institution in the world it is used to operate the Getty complexes ; the Getty Center, The Getty Villa, The Getty Research Institute and the Getty Foundation Institute.
- J Paul Getty was known to be a womanizer having had a large succession of marriages and divorces.
- He was also known for his frugality. As an avid art collector he looked for bargains in the art that he purchased. This resulted in his having a limited art selection.
- He held was a strict negotiator of his Grandson. And chastised on of his wives for spending too much money for the care of one of his dying children.